Your Privacy is Important to me
This notice informs you how I use the information you give me and how I protect your privacy. It also explains your rights under the UK Data Protection Act (update 2018) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018. I abide by UK Law and my data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (details below). My licence number is ZA272819. This can be checked on www.ico.org.uk
Collecting of and purpose for your information
I hold your details to enable me to manage the provision and ongoing support of your bookkeeping.
Your information may be used to introduce you to the services I offer, to help with ongoing administration, to contact you with any review or changes that are applicable, for my own business research and analysis.
Withholding of the required data may result in an insufficient service being provided.
I may obtain data from individual customers or from employer firms.
Sharing your data
I may share your personal data with the following organisations –
- Xero, QuickBooks, Sage, for use of accounting software.
- HMRC for online agent access to your services.
- I may verify your identity by searching publicly available records held by credit reference agencies.
- Your accountant.
I will not sell or share your information with any other third parties unless I have obtained additional consent from you.
Your rights regarding your data
- I will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary and as a maximum no longer than 6 years after you have terminated as a client of Sally’s’ Accounts & Ledgers, unless there is a lawful basis for retention.
- Should your data be inaccurate I will rectify this without delay.
- Should you wish me to delete your data at any point, please contact me to make the request. This will be actioned unless there is a lawful basis for me to retain the information in which case you will be advised accordingly.
- You can request access to your data at any time. I will provide you with a full copy within one month of your request.
- You can withdraw consent to me holding and processing your information at any time. Please contact me should you wish to do this.
- I may provide you with updates and bulletins which are appropriate to your service on an ongoing basis – this will be explained to you if it is applicable. You can opt out of these should you wish to – contact me and advise me if you wish to.
I have in place a full information security policy, business continuity and disaster recovery plans. I can provide details on request.
Our contact details
Should you wish to contact us in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Sally’s Accounts & Ledgers
3 Ingersley Rise
You will be responded to as promptly as possible.
Your right to complain
Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to Sally’s Accounts & Ledgers, you can contact me as above or you can contact the regulator as follows:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
I am required under the Regulations to obtain your consent to my collection, processing, sharing and holding of your personal data. Please ensure you have read this notice fully and accept all that it contains. If you have any queries, please contact me directly. Please contact me should you not be able to read or understand this notice sufficiently.